Thursday 30 April 2015

NYX Cosmetics Wonder Pencil: Review and Demo

Hi my lovelies! 


Two days ago, I posted a photo of the NYX Cosmetics Wonder Pencils on my Instagram handle with a promise to review them, well here it is. 






I purchased two of these pencils, one in Light and one in Medium (I should have bought the third one too, hmmmm). NYX has a third shade in Deep. According to NYX Cosmetics, these pencils were made to be multi functional with 3 critical uses:

1. To conceal flaws and blemishes
2. To line lips to prevent bleeding and feathering; and 
3. To brighten eyes by using them along the waterline

In my personal opinion, the texture of the pencil is quite soft. Not so soft that it breaks off too easily, yet not hard that it hurts you when using it. The softness is a creamy kind of softness which is what allows it to be blended into the skin. The pencils are also affordable, retailing for $4.50 (in the States o!).

Apart from the above uses mentioned by NYX, did you know you could use it as an under brow highlighter? Yep! it works well, blends well into the brow bone and definitely saves you some concealer!

Another use of the Wonder Pencil which I absolutely love is its use as a lip 'definer'. I don't have a prominent cupid's bow, I wish I had one like Rihanna's, but since I discovered that I could use the Wonder Pencil to fake one, hey, why not? I apply a small amount on my own cupid's bow to give more definition to my upper lip and then go ahead to apply my lip color. You can also apply it after using your lip color. Just be sure to blend well. 

Watch me show you how in the video below:


Great tips? Yes please!

Till next time, stay blessed and beautiful!

Love, 

Shukshuk

In this way God, being determined to show more abundantly to the heirs of the promise the immutability of his counsel, interposed with an oath; that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie,
we may have a strong encouragement, who have fled for refuge to take hold of the hope set before us -
Hebrews 6:17-18 (WEB)

No comments:

Post a Comment