Thursday 16 April 2015

Review: BH Cosmetics Forever Nude Sculpt and Glow Palette

Hi Everyone!

Been ages! Was away having another beautiful baby girl, Congratulations to me! She’s the prettiest baby I have ever seen, no joke, and I’m deeply grateful to God for such a blessing.

So, she’s 12 weeks old and as such, my ‘maternity leave’ is officially over though I have been doing a little in recent weeks. I have put together a review and tutorial of the BH CosmeticsForever Nude Sculpt and Glow Palette in Medium Deep for you all. 

I am always on Instagram, going through the feeds of so many makeup companies and artists, on the lookout for new products and techniques to add to my arsenal. That was where I came across the BH Cosmetics Forever Nude Sculpt and Glow Palettes. 



They are a relatively new addition to the BH Cosmetics Forever Nude Makeup Range and come in a pretty, salmon coloured palette with a mirror. The palette is a great purchase for those who are looking for a pocket friendly product that has shades for contour, highlight and blush all in one. 

The palette is strictly made with powder products. There 2 highlight shades - a yellowy colour and a golden color, 2 contour shades and 1 blush shade in a deep berry color. The highlight shades come in a matte and a shimmery formulation and the same goes for the contour shades. The blush also has shimmer particles though I didn’t notice too much of a shimmer after using it.



I had to be a bit heavy handed when using the matte highlight and contour shades, I’m guessing this is because I am a woman of color (I am a MAC NW45) but didn’t need to do likewise with the blush as it is quite pigmented. The contour shades are not as dark as I would personally prefer but is relatively okay if you prefer subtle contouring. The matte yellow highlight shade is also a great under-eye setting powder as it goes on silkly. The golden highlight gave me a lovely glow that would rival any gold toned highlighter product.

The shades are very bendable and go on very smoothly. When using this palette, I did not use any cream based contour product on my face but used a concealer to highlight my face. I must let you know that you will experience a little fallout when using this palette.



In all, I would recommend this palette to anyone with my coloration and lighter, I am not so sure the contour shades would show on skin that is much darker than mine. Darker skin tones can also use the highlight and blush shades. As mentioned above, the palette is pocket friendly as are most of the products made by BH Cosmetics. Also a good buy if you are looking for an all-in-one palette.

I leave you all with the video review and tutorial of the palette below. Do let me know what you think of the review and the palette if you have used it by dropping your comments. Till my next post, enjoy!

Love,

ShukShuk 


Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom;Yea, with all thy getting get understanding - Proverbs 4:7 ASV

No comments:

Post a Comment